Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage consists of a range of specialized and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow. Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a technique that began in Europe as a therapeutic treatment for alleviating fluid congestion in the body.
This treatment stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defense of the body and remove waste products. Manual lymphatic drainage has many benefits to the patient, as it:
◦ Promotes healing in the body
◦ Relieves fluid Congestion
◦ Improves systemic and local inflammatory conditions
◦ Strengthens the immune system
◦ Can be used for esthetic purposes such as acne, scars and stretch marks.
If you would like to book a Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage therapy appointment at Soma Massage Therapy in North Vancouver in order to experience the benefits of massage therapy contact the clinic or click to book online.